The Brazilian Power Electronics Journal (Revista Eletrônica de Potência) is a Open Acess peer-reviewed Brazilian journal for dissemination of the new technologies and theoretical research in the area of power electronics, aiming at inspiring interdisciplinary research across academia and industry.
The following list of topics is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather to indicate topics that fall within the journal purview:
1. Power converter topologies and design
2. Electrical machines, motor drives and motion control
3. Modeling, simulation and control in power electronics
4. Power quality, harmonics and reactive power compensation
5. Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
6. Power electronics in renewable energy systems
7. Power electronics in smart grid and utility applications
8. Power semiconductor devices, packaging and magnetic materials
9. Power electronics in lighting applications
10. Automotive, aerospace and transportation applications of power electronics
11. Industrial, commercial and residential applications of power electronics
12. Education and special topics
Researchers in academia and industry, electrical and electronic engineers
Release of the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal
In 1996, the SOBRAEP Deliberative Council proposed the release of a Brazilian Journal, focused on Power Electronics and Electrical Drives, the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal. The first issue of the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal was released on June 1996 (vol. 1, n. 1), with the main objective of disseminating the national researches in the field of Power Electronics, not only in the academic circles, but also in the productive/industrial environment.
Major transformations were accomplished from 2003, both in terms of formatting, and, mainly, implementing a fully electronic system to submit and analyze papers for the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal, called iSOBRAEP system.
The goal of increasing the visibility of the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal has become feasible with the development of the iSOBRAEP system, and with the transformation of the publication mainly to the electronic form, Open Access, distributed over the Internet, it was intended to increase the visibility of the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal, increasing its impact factor in bibliographical references.
In 2018, several improvements were made aiming the indexation in the Scopus Database. The submission system was moved to the well known ScholarOne Manuscripts and a new website was built, including the Journal database. Another improvement was the DOI (Digital Object Identifier) atribution to all published papers by the Brazilian Power Electronics Journal since its first edition in 1996.
Journal Title: Brazilian Power Electronics Journal
ISSN Hardcopy: 1414-8862
ISSN Electronic: 1984-557X
Register in CAPES: Eletrônica de Potência
Classification/Indexing in CAPES: Qualis B1, Nacional
Main Area of Knowledge: Industrial Electronics, Electronic Systems and Controls
A afiliação à SOBRAEP permite aos sócios (Efetivos, Aspirantes e Corporativos) acesso completo ao site da SOBRAEP e descontos em inscrições de alguns congressos da área, além da participação nos Webinars promovidos pela associação. Também existem três tipos de patrocínio disponíveis para o site/COBEP.